Saturday 7 September 2013

merlin

Well I thought I would start by talking about my Merlin annual pass which I have had since march.  I have taken the kids to chessington, legoland and alton towers this year as well as the sealife centre in central London so it has been good value for money.
The Sealife centre I found disappointing, as did the kids soi I don't think we will be going again any time soon.
Legoland is a great theme park but the kids are getting to old for it now but even still we had a good day.
Chessington is by far the favourite and we have been several time, however we did have a bit of a nightmare in June when Erin, George and me went on Ramases Revenge which then got atuck in mid air and we had to rescued by the fire brigade after over 3 hours!  I was very unhappy with the level of customer service and ended up writing in to explain how poor it all was.  However they are clearly much better when they have some time to think and they arranged for me and the kids to meet a sealion when we next visited and it made their day!
Finally we have also been to Alton Towers which is ok but it was only 7 days after being stuck in the ride at Chessington and the kids were not in the mood.
So all in all I think the passes are good value as long as you are going to use them, we have been a total of 8 times so far and I am sure we will go some more yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment